Professor of Accounting, INCEIF
Prof. Dr. Zulkarnain Muhamad Sori
- Certified Financial Accountant, Chartered Management Institute (United Kingdom), Since (Since July 2005).
- Certified Professional Trainer, 0180, Since (Since 2010), Malaysian Institute of Management.
- Chartered Accountant, 14978, Since (Since 1999), Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
- Certified Training Professional, Finance Accreditation Agency, 2015
- Certified Professional Trainer, Malaysian Institute of Management, 2011
- Certified Trainer, Perbadanan Sumber Manusia (HRDF Program), 2011
- Majlis Professor Negara Inc., Since 2012
- Malaysian Institute of Management, Since 2010
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), Since 1999
Dr. Zulkarnain is a Certified Training Professional (CTP) of the Finance Accreditation Agency, a Certified Professional Trainer (CPT) of the Malaysian Institute of Management, an Apple Foundation Trainer of Apple Inc. and a Certified Trainer of the PSMB/HRDF. He also had served on various working committees of Malaysian regulatory and professional bodies. Also, he is now a member of Board of Advisors of Venture Edge.Asia that perform advisory role in coaching of a portfolio of SMEs, and a Pane l of Assessors of International Medical University for their MQA Accreditation exercise. He was the advisor for Bachelor of Accounting and Diploma in Accounting programs at UNISEL (2 Terms).
Before joined the academia, Dr. Zulkarnain has served a number of private companies that involved in trading, services, telecommunication and construction industries as an Administration and Finance Manager (5 Years). To keep his knowledge abreast with the recent development in accounting standards, he actively involved in various consultancy and training services offered by ISRA Consultancy Sdn. Bhd. and INCEIF. Recently, he led a team of Shari’ah auditors/experts in auditing a large financial institution and also involved in reviewing of proposals of international Sukuk offerings.
Dr. Zulkarnain Muhamad Sori is an accountant with consulting, research and teaching experiences in financial accounting, corporate governance, Shari’ah governance, accounting for Islamic financial transactions, auditing and entrepreneurship. Dr. Zulkarnain received his Bachelor of Accounting and MSc. from University Putra Malaysia (formerly known as University Pertanian Malaysia), and Ph.D. in Auditing & Corporate Governance from Cardiff University, United Kingdom. He is now a Professor in the School of Professional Studies and the Deputy Director, BNP Paribas-INCEIF Centre of Islamic Assets and Wealth Management, International Centre for Islamic Finance (INCEIF), Malaysia. Prior to joining INCEIF, he was a Professor, Senate Member and the Deputy Dean of the Malaysian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship & Business, University Malaysia Kelantan (UMK), and the Head of the DeApartment of Accounting and Finance, the College Principal and Senior Officer of University Putra Malaysia. He was the Internal Auditor of Koperasi UPM Berhad.
He has been honoured with:
- 2013: Anugerah Gemilang UMK, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan.
- 2009: Silver Medal, Exhibition of Invention, Research & Innovation UPM (PRPI 2009), for Paper Titled.
- 2009: Excellent Service Award, Universiti Putra Malaysia.
- 2009: Silver Medal, Exhibition of Invention for Research & Innovation UPM. Paper Titled “Accountability in the Post Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance”.
- 2006: Excellent Service Award, Universiti Putra Malaysia.
- 2001: Excellent Service Award, Universiti Putra Malaysia.